Boost your knowledge about the Platform Economy with one of the world’s leading thinkers on the topic while immersing yourself in Singapore’s vibrant digital innovation ecosystem. The open enrollment Learning Expedition offers the perfect exploration & development opportunity for senior leaders and emerging future leaders in corporate strategy, digital transformation & innovation.
Co-designed by the world’s foremost authority on the Platform Economy, Sangeet Paul Choudary, and delivered by the global leader on experiential executive learning formats, WDHB Strategic Learning, it is a unique opportunity to start, accelerate or deepen your venturing into a new paradigm of business model and ecosystem management.
As a purposeful combination of immersive strategic discovery and facilitated reflection and exchange, Learning Expeditions allow participants to identify their own insights and work together in applying them to their specific contexts – guaranteeing maximum authenticity, relevance and impact.
This 3-Day Learning Expedition will:
- Accelerate your understanding of platform strategy thinking relevant to digital business model innovation
- Enhance the capabilities of executives, teams and stakeholders responsible for business model and ecosystem management
- Provide practical case studies on the successes and failures of organizations shaping the Platform Economy
- Offer an opportunity to learn and network with executive peers across industry and geographical boundaries
According to McKinsey, 30% of global economic activity is expected to be mediated through platforms and digital ecosystems by 2025. Our 3-Day Learning Expedition on the Platform Economy provides exposure to current thinking and real-life examples on one of the most transformative trends of the global Digital Economy.
As we live through the Fourth Industrial Revolution, our organizations are confronted with deep and disruptive evolutions of the foundational structures of value-creation.
Having a clear platform strategy is key to finding your organization’s place and generating opportunities in a new era where business models are becoming ever more modular, interdependent and exponential.
Great for executives responsible for corporate development, digital transformation and innovation, the program gives a thinkingframework, practical insights and offers shared mutual peer-to-peer learning.
“The Learning Expedition on the Platform Economy brought our organization greater clarity and precious new ideas how to create value working with ecosystems
in the digital age.”
Geert van Mol, Chief Digital Officer,
Belfius Bank & Insurance, Belgium
Who Should Attend?
The participants in the program will be executives from leading global organizations who are driving or considering platform thinking as a means to foster innovation and drive value in the digital economy. Profiles include: senior strategy and corporate development executives, digital transformation and innovation leaders, champions in ecosystem business model management as well as learning & development professionals interested in the topic and the format.
The program is based on the tested expedition approach of experiential learning and includes a variety of formats, which have been proven to be effective in building participant capabilities and gaining results, such as:
- Keynote presentations from thought leaders
- Exchanges with executives from local organizations
- Facilitated group workshops and debriefings
- Networking opportunity with peers & practitioners
Benefits of Participation Include:
- Increased familiarity and fluency in platform thinking, and
- Knowledge of relevant frameworks and techniques for innovation, as well as
- Contextualizing first-hand experience of real-life examples, leading to:
- More accurate assessment of disruptive potential for own organization,
- Better understanding and decision-making clarity in developing platform strategy,
- Faster capability development to manage platform models,
- Higher success rate of digital business model innovation initiatives,
- More effective communication and working with core business to drive strategic benefit,
- Increased engagement from decision-makers, stakeholders and ecosystem partners,
- Accelerated value creation from platforms for your organization’s benefit,
- Sharper profile for your own career development.
Program Content Will Include:
- Context, factors and trends leading to the emergence of the Platform Economy
- The functioning of the Platform Economy including its key players and the rules of value-creation
- Evolution of business modeling in the Digital Economy with a focus on data, growth & revenues
- The importance of infrastructure for agile and open platforms and the role played by public authorities
- The specific case of Singapore as an example of facing disruption with a pro-active platform strategy
- Partnering within ecosystems including delivery, service, data, tech and innovation partners
- Performance measures and the means of reporting strategic and financial benefits
According to Sangeet Paul Choudary, Singapore is the ideal on-the-ground destination to host this Learning Expedition because:
“Singapore is a unique destination to understand the success of the platform economy. Singapore has seen the rise of the platform economy through a unique model of public-private cooperation where the government, incumbent firms, and startups have worked together to create new innovation. The government is one of the most progressive globally and has actively created many critical infrastructures and standards needed for platforms to flourish. It has also created regulatory sandboxes where banks and fintech startups can work together to create new solutions. Some of the most progressive incumbents, like DBS Bank, as well as rapidly growing startups, like Grab, are based out of Singapore. This learning expedition offers a unique insight into this economy and its shift towards platforms.”
“The program allowed me to broaden my understanding of the keys to a new generation of business model innovation – especially from the fast-moving perspective in an Asian context.”
Matthias Roeser, Partner at BearingPoint
Sangeet Choudary (Platform Thinking Labs): Sangeet Paul Choudary is the best-selling author of Platform Revolution and Platform Scale. He has advised the leadership of 30 of the Fortune 500 firms and has been selected as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. He is a frequent keynote speaker at leading global forums including the G20 Summit, the UN, and the WEF. Sangeet’s work on platforms has been selected twice as a TOP 10 Must-Read by the Harvard Business Review: HBR Top 10 Must Reads 2017 and HBR Top 10 Must Reads on Business Model Innovation.
“A global thought leader on the platform business model.” – FORBES MAGAZINE
“A leading expert on the so-called platform economy.” – UNITED NATIONS (WIPO)
WDHB designs and delivers programs for people and strategy development. Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1989 and present in the United States, in Switzerland, France and Singapore, WDHB is the world leader in the field of experiential strategic discovery for executives and brings the spirit of authentic exploration and emergent learning also to formats such as corporate events and development programs. To date, WDHB has crafted over 600 programs enabling over 12,000 global decision-makers from various industries to progress both individually and in a team.
Start: Monday, 2 December 2019, 09:00 am, Parkroyal on Pickering Hotel
Conclusion: Wednesday, 4 December 2019, 05:00 pm, Parkroyal on Pickering Hotel
Early-Bird Sign-Up Fee by 13 Oct 2019:
USD 3,550 / SGD 4,900 (excl. GST)
Standard Sign-Up Fee after 14 Oct 2019:
USD 4,250 / SGD 5,900 (excl. GST)
Sign-Up Deadline: 3 Nov 2019
Your Package Includes
- Participation in a three-day program consisting of content sessions, immersive encounters and experiences as well as internal sessions
- Keynote and workshop delivered by Sangeet Paul Choudhary, the world’s foremost authority on Platform Thinking
- Program & debriefing facilitation by seasoned WDHB facilitation specialist
- Comprehensive preparatory and on-site documentation, post-program consolidation
- Participant welcome package and
all on-site materials
- 3 catered lunches, 1 group dinner and
snacks/beverages during sessions
- All ground transportation during program from/to expedition hotel and all visited sites
- Not included are your airfare, hotel arrangement as well as personal extras
Book your guaranteed spot now. Our enrollment team will be in touch soon.